Speed Up Firefox
Mozilla Firefox is the most popular Web broswer in the World. It is used by many because of its Simple , Secure, supports GM(GreaseMonkey) Script, Thousands of Fabulous Addons etc.
However there are some tricks that lets you to speed up while surfing websites. However there are some Things which you should know
* Firefox retains Back-Forward cache that keeps the Last five minutes of the Previous Closed Sessions(Tabs/Window)
* For every New Tabs/window , there will be an increase in Tremendous RAM Usage.That is really annoying!!
So it is good to change these setting to Speed up the browser, we can change these setting in
To perform the following Tricks, type “about:config” in the address bar(without quotes) and Click I’ll be careful, I promise! button . Also perform only one Changes at every time you Use about:config
Reduce the amount of RAM Firefox uses for it?s cache feature:
* Type browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewer
* Set it?s value to ?0?;(Zero)
Increase the Speed in Which Firefox loads pages:
* Set ?network.http.pipelining? to ?true?
* Set ?network.http.proxy.pipelining? to ?true?
* Set ?network.http.pipelining.maxrequests? to some number like 10.
By setting up this, you can make 10 request at once.
* Right Click Anywhere, New-> Integer. Name it ?nglayout.initialpaint.delay? and set its value to ?0?;.(Zero)
Reduce RAM usage to 10mb when Firefox is minimized:
* Right Click in the page and select New -> Boolean.
* In the box that pops up enter ?config.trim_on_minimize?. Press Enter.
* Now select True and then press Enter.
* Restart Firefox.
These tricks speeds Firefox twice or thrice than original settings. :)